HOW TO BOOK ASHLEY TREE SERVICES
If you’re a first time client this is how it works. It’s a bit of detail (about 5 minutes to read) and it’ll help you get exactly what you want. There are 4 steps:
1. You contact us
(We’ll assume by now that you’ve already seen our insurance documents that prove we’re a serious business & not a bunch of cowboys with a van and a diy shop chainsaw).
In the form we’ll ask for your:
- Phone Number
- There’s a message box where you can tell us briefly about what you need and where you are.
When you contact us we’ll call you back and arrange a good time to visit.
2. We visit you before the work and give you a quote
The home or site visit
Before we do the work we’ll come and visit your garden or property and assess the job. We’ll make sure we can do the job safely (that’s called a site specific risk assessment). We’ll decide how to clear and remove the wood and cuttings for you. We’ll see if you need a stump grinder for a clean finish or a wood chipper to handle the waste.
The written quote
When we’ve done that, like all reputable tree surgeons, we’ll give you a written quote for the job that you’ve told us about.
Acceptance of quote
We’re happy for you to email us to accept the quote or simply sign the acceptance slip we’ll provide to you.
3. On the day of the work
- Before we arrive please make sure we have the access we need
- When we arrive we’ll give you the agreed job description sheet with the invoice & then start the work.
- When we are doing the work it’s a good idea to keep any pets indoors
- At the end of the day please pay by cheque or cash for the work or let us know you’ve made a bank transfer to the details on the invoice. If you need to go out and want to leave the payment with us at the start of the day that’s fine too.
4. After we do the work – the best gardens
Most of our clients would like us to keep on top of the garden once we’ve got it under control. Sensible maintenance pruning is one of the best ways to make sure that your trees stay safe, healthy and attractive.
For trees that lose their leaves (deciduous) it’s usually best to prune in Autumn and Winter. We’ll be happy to book you in for your next visit.
Recommend a friend
Nearly all of our work comes from referrals from satisfied customers. We like to keep it that way. If you think there’s someone else who needs our services please pass our details on – we’ll leave you with 2 business cards just for this.
It’s as simple as that.
“Thank you so much for doing such a marvellous job on our tree yesterday, what really impressed me was the way you cleaned up afterwards – you couldn’t tell you had been there. If you want to give anyone my phone number for a reference it isn’t a problem, thanks once again!
Ian and Sue Hodgkinson